Safety at Crenshaw
If County Public Schools announce that they will be closed due to inclement weather conditions, The Crenshaw School will follow the lead of the county on closing. The date for reopening The Crenshaw School, however, may be different than that of the public schools, depending on the circumstances. We will communicate plans for closing and reopening dates with our families through email, website, telephone calls & recording, and public service announcements on local radio and TV.
- Please check on the school’s website and Parent / Student Portal often for school updates, emergency information & campus updates.
- Crenshaw has an automated SMS system that will text each family in the case of a school closing.
- Please do not call the hurricane hotline about school closings. (They will not be able to give verbal information.)
- Tune into Local TV or Radio.
- Check out the storm updates at the National Weather Service: National Hurricane Center.
NOTE: Please know that the safety of our students, families, and faculty are our utmost concern and we will take every precaution necessary for their safety. Decisions for school closure are not made easily as there are many factors that must weigh into that decision. All decisions are made with the best interest of our students as a priority.