- Smoke Free Campus
- Drug Free Campus
- Arrival/Drop-off - Students should NOT be dropped off before 8:00AM and pick up time is 3:00PM. Students must be picked up by 3:15PM. Early and late fees apply. A late fee of $30 will be assessed for every 15 minutes after 3:15PM. Wednesday pick up time is 2:00PM and the same fees apply after 2:15PM.
- Closed Campus – Students cannot have guests visit school.
- Curriculum – All course curriculum taught extends beyond the requirements set up by the state. All students are placed in a college prep curriculum path.
- Type of instruction - Varied methods of instruction are used to meet auditory, kinesthetic, and visual learners.
- Grading – The ten-point scale is used.
- Rule of thumb – 10 minutes per grade.
- Homework is justified – Practice, reinforcement, and review.
- Students must follow The Crenshaw School mobile device and internet policy.
Phones will be checked in at the front office upon arrival to school. Students may sign out their phones at the end of the day. There is absolutely no cell phone use during school. If students need to use the phone, they may use the school phone.
Sexual Harassment and Physical Intimidation
Physical or verbal harassment or intimidation is a serious violation and will be treated as such.
Sexual harassment consists of the following:
- Unwelcome physical behavior
- Unwelcome physical contact such as touching, grabbing, or pinching
- Sexual language or gestures
- Flipping up skirts, snapping bras, pulling down shirts
- Touching in a sexual way (yourself or others)
- Following or stalking
- Unwanted sexual advances
- Display of sexual photos or materials.
Harassment consists of the following:
- Negative comments based on a discriminatory manner
- Name calling
- Obscenities or dirty jokes
- Whistles, sounds of a derogatory nature
- Writing comments for public display
- Suggestive comments
*If you feel you are a victim of harassment or intimidation, please see administration IMMEDIATELY.
Illegal Substance and Drugs
Student use and/or possession of alcohol, street drugs, or unauthorized prescription drugs will not be tolerated. The Crenshaw School holds the right to drug test students randomly, search cars, backpacks, and the person. Students found in possession of an illegal substance, including paraphernalia, who engage in the sale of or distribution of, or test positive to drug testing will face immediate expulsion. There is absolutely no refund of any kind due to expulsion.
Cigarette smoking is not allowed on campus nor is anything related to smoking such as lighters, cigarettes, cigars, lighter fluid, etc. Students found in possession will face disciplinary action.
Any student who brings guns, knives, or explosives will immediately be reported to law enforcement and expelled.
Any student who speaks about, writes about, or draws about any type of violent action will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Sending mean or threatening emails, instant messages, or text messages
- Blocking email or instant messages for no reason.
- Tricking someone into sharing personal information and sharing it with others.
- Breaking into someone’s email or instant message account.
- Creating websites to make fun of another person.
- Using websites to rate classmates or teachers.
This will be subject to disciplinary action when these acts happen on campus. It can also be subject to action if it is made off campus and threatens another student or staff member.