Homework is penalized 10 percent every day that it is late.
- All “D” or “F” tests must be signed by a parent – the same day the test is given back and returned to teacher the following day.
- If the test is not signed by the parent a phone call home or email may be made by teacher to contact parent.
- Parents will receive weekly grade alerts from Plusportals, which shows their student's current grades.
- A separate Grade Alert will be sent weekly for any student with a grade of C or below.
- Possible Reasons for Low Grades include:
- Low grades can be due to either absences or work not being turned in on time.
- A zero will indicate missing work no matter the reason.
- The zero grade will remain until work has been submitted and graded.
- Once all missing work is submitted, a grade change will be reflected.
- If your student’s grade is low due to missing work, you will be able to see what assignments / tests are missing on the detailed report or any time you login to Plusportals.
We always encourage open communication between parents and teachers. Weekly Grade Alerts will be used in addition to our policy where the teachers send an alert of a “C” or below before report cards.
Parents and students will have their own login credentials to Plusportals. The following information can be found on Plusportals:
- Grades – Teachers post grades to Plusportals within 24 hours of any given assignment or test.
- Attendance Record
- Discipline Record
- Homework Assignments – Any worksheets given are posted so if lost or absent a student may access (for Grades 4 and up).
- School Calendar – Dynamic calendar with event information.
- School Information – Policies, links, resources, announcements, etc.
****IMPORTANT NOTE – Be sure to SCROLL DOWN after you login to Plusportals to see all the calendar events and other resources. The dashboard is large, so if you are working on a smaller screen or tablet, you might not see all the information.
If you find any of the above information is not occuring in the specified times listed,
please notify the Principal.